THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering (14500)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering (Ref.:520151)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching undergraduate courses in mechanical engineering and biomedical engineering, primarily in fluid dynamics, transport phenomena and hands-on projects, but also possibly in other introductory subjects in a standard undergraduate curriculum as well
- Supervising research postgraduate students, capstone projects with engineering contents for final year undergraduates and taught master degree students
- Co-leading, supporting and managing research projects, possibly including those under the Advanced Biomedical Instrumentation Centre (ABIC), a [email protected] centre coordinated by HKU
- Coordinating administrative works which promote the educational mission (including research, innovation and entrepreneurship) of the University will also be required
- A PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, biomedical engineering or a related engineering field.
- Preferably with research experience will be a plus. Prior or industrial R&D track records in biotechnologies, instrumentation, devices and microfluidics as well as commercialization experience will be advantageous.
- With strong passion in conducting fundamental and applied research in metallurgy.
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbal communications; clear and concise writing skills
- Good time management with a strong sense of responsibility and research ethics
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on 1-year temporary basis or 2-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk ) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start on May 1, 2023 and will continue until August 30, 2023 , or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your em cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.