NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
23 May 2023
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- 21 Jun 2023 – 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The candidate will be involved in the following work:
- Reverse osmosis (RO) membrane development for boron removal that meets the project targets
- Synthesis/Preparation of nanoparticles for membrane modification
- Familiar with boron and RO membrane experiments and data analysis
- Familiar with characterizations of membrane (chemical properties, surface properties, morphology etc.)
- Literature review and paper writing
- A PhD. degree in the field of Chemical Engineering with good publications preferred.
- Possess knowledge or great interest in layered double hydroxides, membrane sciences, polymer sciences, membrane separation process, and instrumental methods for analysis.
- Prior experience with research in layered double hydroxides and membrane science is highly preferred.
- Experienced with operating analytical instruments such as spectrophotometer, ICP, mass spectroscopy, SEM, etc.
- Good time management and data analytic skills.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written communication.
- Able to carry out experiments independently as well as work with a team.
- Open to fixed term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19377
Where to apply
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.