United Nations Children's Fund
The Public Partnerships Division (PPD) works to strengthen UNICEF’s position as a partner of choice for children’s rights among governments and public actors around the world. The division is responsible for fundraising, advocacy, and leveraging engagement with public sector partners, including multilateral partners in the UN system and international finance institutions (IFIs).
The Senior Advisor & Team Leader of the UN Partnerships Team in PPD manages a team with a combination of skills and competencies to ensure UNICEF strategically partners with other UN agencies and member states to deliver results for children in support of the 2030 Agenda. The primary functions and responsibilities are: 1) To support UNICEF’s positioning in the UN reform and coherence agenda and its implementation; 2) To coordinate and support UNICEF’s engagement in the following system-wide coordination fora: i) the Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) and it sub-structures, the High-Level Committees on Management (HLCM) and Programmes (HLCP); ii) the UN Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG); iii) the SG’s Executive Committee (EC) and its Deputies Committee (DC) when OED does not do this coordination directly; and (iv) other interagency fora on issues related to UN coherence and reform; 3) To engage in and influence UN interagency processes and policies to leverage results for children in the context of SDGs; 4) To monitor and report on the implementation of the Quadrennial Comprehensive Policy Review Resolution and UNICEF’s contribution to the attainment of the 2030 Agenda; 5) To provide guidance and maintain communication with field colleagues on issues related to UN coherence as a part of field engagement and knowledge management.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director of the Multi-lateral and Inter-Governmental Partnerships Cone and in close collaboration with other teams in PPD as well as other divisions, the Senior Advisor and Team Leader manages the UN Partnerships Team. S/He is responsible for providing strategic advice to various members in the organization about UN partnerships and coherence, in relation to maximizing its impact on delivering results for children.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for facilitating and tracking UNICEF’s representation and inputs into inter-agency mechanisms, UNSDG results groups and working mechanisms in close coordination and collaboration with inter-agency colleagues, particularly in the SG’s Executive Office, the Development Coordination Office, UNDP, UNFPA, UNOPS, WFP and other organisations. Support high level committees and subsidiaries of the Chief Executives Board (CEB), contribute to improving the functioning of UN Development System processes and programmes through simplification, harmonization, cost-effectiveness, and results focus.
- Coordinate and provide quality assurance on UNICEF inputs into major UN system-wide processes from Divisions and HQ, regional and country offices; facilitate documentation of lessons learnt on UN coherence; proactively engage with various divisions, particularly with DAPM, EMOPs, GSSC, OOR, OSEB and PG on system-wide aspects of data and planning, the humanitarian-development nexus, the SG’s Efficiency Agenda, foresight, and programmatic approaches. Actively support these divisions in system-wide engagement to accelerate SDG implementation through partnerships with other UN agencies; draw key lessons and opportunities to influence policy discussions at OED on UN reform and coherence.
- Facilitate, monitor and report on UNICEF’s implementation of commitments to GA resolutions, UNSDG agreements; engage with member states; facilitate review of various documents, preparation of strategic analysis on various UN and intergovernmental processes relevant to UN reform, coherence and briefing notes for meetings in collaboration with UNICEF divisions, regional offices and country offices, facilitate review of policy, procedures and guidance incorporating UN partnership and coherence principles.
- Oversee, guide and contribute to a systematic analysis of annual reports, draw out the recommendations for presentation to regional, country office and HQ divisions; monitor compliance and capacity of ROs, COs on UN partnerships; lead/facilitate knowledge sharing opportunities through various regional and global meetings of Reps, Dep Reps, PME and other network meetings; oversee design of communication strategies, materials and tools concerning UN coherence work for children to guide HQ divisions, ROs and COs to enhance UNICEF’s engagement in results driven efforts with other UN partners within the context of SDGs.
- Oversee and facilitate UNICEF’s engagement in Joint Programmes and pooled funding through strategic analysis of data available within UNICEF, through knowledge sharing and communication; through engagement in inter-agency processes and through trouble shooting on specific issues relating to joint programmes and pooled funding.
- Any other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree is required in one of the following fields: international relations, political science, communications, international development, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of ten years of professional development experience that combines technical and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which served in developing countries is required. Relevant professional experience in managing UN Partnerships and experience in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the UN system;
- Previous work experience in intergovernmental or interagency fora;
- Previous experience with the UNDS reform (highly desirable);
- Experience supporting senior management;
- Experience managing teams
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Superviseur téléservices Superviseur performance en call center (H/F)ManpowerEnglos, NordEnglos, Nord
Global Investigations SpecialistNorwegian Refugee CouncilNorwayNorway
Consultancy to Conduct Project End Assessment: Women-IMPACT ProjectNonviolent PeaceforcePhilippinesPhilippines
Legal consultant to support the implementation of Basel Convention’s compliance action plansUNEP - United Nations Environment ProgrammeGenevaGeneva