Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Office of the President and Provost (PPO) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to perform complex finance functions and activities with programmatic impact on the institution, requiring professional expertise and application of internal policies, systems, and external regulations. The finance team is responsible for managing the PPO consolidated budget and for the development, implementation and management of complex financial systems that support the 25 administrative units within PPO.
The Financial Analyst will manage key areas within a finance operation or department unit. The ideal candidate has a passion for customer service, is proactive and a dependable self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The position will provide financial analysis, forecasts, review and approve transactions, and make recommendations to PPO unit administrators and/or senior management. Projects and responsibilities include creating budgets and forecasts, promote best practices for proactive financial management; help ensure compliance with policies and procedures; and is the subject matter expert for complex financial, policy, procedural, and technical issues. This position manages a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, productivity, accuracy, organization, sound judgment and decision making.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for complex problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with fund accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence and the ability to design ad hoc queries or dashboards for broad use.
- Advanced analytical skills to review and analyze complex financial information.
- Experience working in higher education.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The expected pay range for this position is $107,000 to $143,000 per annum.
Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable jobs.
At Stanford University, base pay represents only one aspect of the comprehensive rewards package. The Cardinal at Work website (https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards ) provides detailed information on Stanford’s extensive range of benefits and rewards offered to employees. Specifics about the rewards package for this position may be discussed during the hiring process.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.