We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Job Title: Senior Implementor
Purpose of job:
Responsible for the day to day delivery of one or more IS business services including the delivery of projects, service support processes, provision on advice on the best exploitation of the service/s and the Management of all supporting technical services. Provides Technical support.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The purpose of Global Information Services (GIS) in the British Council is to partner with the business in order to make effective use of Information in all its forms across the organisation. GIS has accountability for enabling the full life-cycle of information for the whole of the business.
The British Council has undertaken a strategic review of its operating model including the creation of a new GIS operating model. This role is part of the new GIS team responsible implementing this operating model.
This role is located within the GIS Service Delivery team and reports to Lead Implementor. The purpose of the GIS Service Delivery team is to deliver reliable Information Services to the business while improving quality and efficiency through external comparison and an unrelenting focus on continuous improvement.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of gender, including transgender, marital status, sexual identity, religion and belief, political opinion, race, work pattern, age, disability or HIV/AIDS status, socio-economic background, spent convictions, trade union activity or membership, on the basis of having or not having dependants, or any other irrelevant grounds.
Accountabilities, responsibilities, and main duties:
(including people management and finance)
Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialists, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
Performs defined tasks to monitor projects & service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information. Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
Receives and handles requests for support following agreed procedures. Responds to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Responsible of completion of Projects tasks, including incidents and changes.
- For contributing and playing an active role in the development and evolution of GIS Project and wider Change Delivery practices, methods and tools, coaching, mentoring and information sharing.
- Maintain and analysis of project records. Contributor to documentations and records like lesson learned, feedback, risk logs, project plan, project scope etc.
- Cordinate with IT Managers , senior stakeholders and users for upgrade the machines.
- Depth knowledge/skills on troubleshooting for example, client troubleshootings.
- Hand on experience of Azure services and office 365 suit, like SharePoint migration expereince in large scale.
- Understanding and hands on experience on Data Migration (cloud to cloud and om prem to cloud) tools like sharegate for data migation.
- Good understanding on servers infra/virtual machines and their migrations etc
- Good understading on Microsoft Windows Infrastruture like AD, Group polices etc
- Act as SPOC from project for roles like incident/problem co-ordinator, Lead Change Assessor, Change Assessor, Change Owner and Release Owner as required within the Service Support processes
- Providing consultancy inputs to our business and others in relation to change programmes, new projects for the service line.
- Project will deliver on 24×7 environment, candidate must be available as per business requirements.
- Candidate should have excellent verbal/written communciation skills
People management: (include direct or indirect)
Indirect management of virtual team
- Ensure that their workforce are aware of the information security policies and comply with them
- Ensures that the team complies to ISO 27001 and IGA related requirements
- Send account opening requests effectively
- Disable accounts immediately for leavers and Absconders /on long leaves
- Document and monitor / review access levels of his/her team
- Provide security awareness and education to team
- Manage Records to ensure compliance to Freedom of information act
- Ensure incidents of their respective functions are closed within SLAs
Key relationships: (include internal and external)
Programme and project team GIS
IS Service Delivery team
Shared services team managers
Other important features or requirements of the job
(e.g. travel, unsocial/evening hours, restrictions on employment etc)
Occasional travel in the UK and unsocial/evening hours
Degree level qualification or equivalent
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Experience with share point online migration
- Windows servers experience like Active Directory and other server components
- Share Point online administration and migrations.
- Server 2008/2016 and migrations/Virtual machines etc
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
- Backup tools
- Technical Specialism (TECH) Level 4
- Service Level Management (SLMO) Level 3
BC Generic Skills:
- Managing Projects Level 2
- Communicating and Influencing Level 3
Other specific tech skills
- Technical Specialisms (TBD)
Role specific skills:
Pay Band 7
Contract Type FTC – Till 30th June 2024
Department/Country- GIS/ India – Noida
Closing Date (Time) 14 August 2023 (IST -23:59)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.