MAT 4SITE ENGINEERS LIMITED
Mechanical Designer (EIT)
Demonstrating drive, motivation and enthusiasm, as a Mechanical Designer, you will successfully design unique building systems projects for commercial, healthcare, multi-residential, industrial and institutional facilities. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Designer will perform analysis and design rudimentary mechanical systems and elements for various construction projects. You will also assist in managing projects.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a relevant degree from an accredited university a minimum of four (4) years’ consulting experience as a Mechanical Designer in the fields of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection and experience with the design and drafting of mechanical building systems and drawing preparation for commercial, multi-residential, industrial and institutional facilities.
To be successful in this role, you must be proficient with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD and Revit software and skilled in performing and understanding HVAC Load calculations. You must also have experience conducting successful site visits.
You will be an effective member of our cohesive team. You will exemplify our Core Values of Quality, Respect, Efficiency and Dedication. You will demonstrate a positive attitude in your daily activities. You will be effective at assisting with delivering projects. You will receive guidance and mentorship from a Mechanical Engineer. You will be confident in bringing your ideas to the table and actively listen to the ideas of others. You will possess exceptional communication abilities, both verbally and in writing, along with strong organizational, technical, writing and computer skills. Most importantly, you will have fun at work!
Together, and with your efforts, we will help our clients create their “Best Buildings”.
Why Choose Us?
At MAT 4Site Engineers, we pride ourselves on hiring only the best and the brightest and we set a high standard for employees. We have a dynamic team and a teamwork-based environment. We ensure that you will always be well compensated for your valuable time and effort. We want you for the long term and we want you to be at your best.
For all of our full-time staff we offer:
- Hybrid work environment
- Full medical benefits with 100% coverage;
- Health club membership; Total Rewards Passport
- Annual bonuses tied to company and individual performance;
- Additional time off over the holidays in addition to standard vacation;
- A flexible schedule, casual dress code and summer hours;
- Regular gatherings for staff such as our holiday party, summer party, social committee events, lunches, and more;
- Excellent training and development opportunities through educational assistance, professional development and both on and off-the-job training; and
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a wide variety of projects.
Our head office is very conveniently located with public transit at our doorstep, and easy access to the 401 highway. We are a hybrid company offering a combination of in-office and work-from-home opportunities.
1. PROJECT MANAGEMENT – using exceptional communication and organizational skills to assist in delivering projects on time, within budget and scope
2. CLIENT RELATIONS – providing superior customer service to our clients at all times
3. ENGINEERING DESIGN – including the following
- Preparing and drafting CAD drawings using AutoCAD AND Revit;
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CAD digital file database for each project;
- Successfully carrying out design/project assignments as directed;
- Performing site investigations and field reviews;
- Attending site meetings and liaising with clients/contractors; under the supervision of the Engineer
- Preparing permit and detailed design of conceptual plan provided by the Engineer;
- Review and application of knowledge of relevant building codes and standards;
- Preparing HVAC load calculations (using HAP or similar) and equipment selections; and
- Preparing technical reports and specifications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Current in-depth knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, ASHRAE, and relevant NFPA and CSA standards
- Demonstrated experience in the design and engineering of HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection and life safety systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD and Revit software.
- You must also be skilled in performing and reviewing HVAC Load calculations
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- Working towards P. Eng. from PEO (EIT)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a mechanical design role
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a designer in the fields of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection and experience with the design of mechanical building systems and drawing preparation for commercial, multi-residential, industrial and institutional facilities.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Revit
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle on a regular basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, MAT 4Site Engineers Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- engineering consulting: 4 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M3K 1Z3
Application deadline: 2023-01-30
Expected start date: 2023-02-13
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.