The overall goal of the project is to improve availability and accessibility of quality FP, MR and PAC services at service delivery points for women and girls of Rohingya refugees and host community in Bangladesh.
SBCC materials and tools development
- Provide technical assistance in development and implementation of social and behavior change activities according to FP strategy document for Rohingya refugee and materials for MR, PAC, FP, and GBV related issues and services as per Humanitarian context;
- Support in conducting baseline/formative assessments, to identify and develop acceptable approaches for communicating messages on MR, PAC, contraceptive care, and GBV to Rohingya men, women, adolescents, and other key stakeholders;
- Provides technical assistance and support to design printing material and tools based on needs/formative assessment;
- Coordinate with UNFPA, other key stakeholders and Government stakeholders including RRRC, DDFP, CS regarding design, development and implementation of IEC materials as per Rohingya context;
- Coordinate with project team members and partner organizations in reference to design, develop and implementation of community access interventions and activities
Skill development, monitoring and mentoring support to SBCC team and community workforce
- Assist in developing and implementing SBCC interventions to improve knowledge and skill of Community health workforce and key influential of Rohingya community in camp areas who will play role in improving care-seeking behavior of Rohingya population for MR, PAC, contraceptive care, and GBV services;
- Maintain regular coordination with partner organizations for smooth implementation of their work plans;
- Assist in developing contents and manuals, conducting training/orientation for SBCC team of Ipas’s implementing partner, community health workforce working in Humanitarian setting and to develop communication skills of this workforce for Rohingya community mobilization toward adopting healthy behaviors;
- Provide support and ensure the quality of the work of partners’ and staff working on SBCC;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly plan for field visits to monitor SBCC and other community awareness activities implemented by partners. Share field findings with supervisor, project team members and partners;
- Support to conduction of periodic assessments of partners SBCC team and community health workforces’ knowledge about update messages on MR, PAC, contraceptive care and SGBV and SBCC interventions.
Coordination and communication
- Assist SBCC Advisor to complete work plans as per approved work plan by UNFPA, creative briefs and delivers quarterly reports including reviewing reports and deliverables from partners and all other reporting requirements;
- Coordinate with concern personnel, UNFPA and other key stakeholders in developing gender-sensitive messaging and training materials for project activities;
- Maintain liaise to build cooperation and coordination with Islamic Foundation, RRRC, CICs and local DGFP to mobilize SBCC initiatives to increase community awareness and create supportive environment specially through engaging male for seeking SRH services;
- Assist in preparing SBCC activities, relevant project work plans, reports, budgets, and field visit schedules on a regular basis;
- Write success stories and reports on SBCC approaches or interventions and provide examples of successes, challenges, lessons learned and recommendations;
- Participate in internal meetings with the in-country team to address project related issues and share lessons learned from the field, program achievements, new challenges, and future directions.
- Master’s degree in communication, behavioral science, anthropology, social science or relevant field;
- 5+ years’ experience in SBC program design, implementation and monitoring;
- 3+ years’ experience on public health communication, education, or SBC program;
- Good writing and verbal communication skill in Bangla and English;
- Understanding of interventions around the provision of medical abortions;
- Must have working knowledge of conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring of SBC initiatives;
- Experience in evidence generation, public health research, SBC program evaluation is preferred;
- Ability to travel in the field at least 40%.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.