Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Support Services Officer role holds a cross departmental mandate supporting teams with logistical support, administrative support and other cross cutting tasks in support of DRCs Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (HDP) teams that often work in locations and schedules that are different from other teams. The roles serves a bridge between HDP teams in field locations and the support services in the area or base office and reports to the Support Services Manager.
- Support with logistics and procurement tasks (finding suppliers, local procurement, arrangement of deliveries, dispatch of goods, documentation linked with procurement).
- Responsible for fleet management; coordinating use of vehicle and driver in the most efficient manner.
- Managing and maintaining procurement tracker, fleet management report and stock checklist under supervision of Support Services Manager.
- Ensure that fixed assets and program equipment is managed accordingly to DRC policies.
- Create/maintain up-to-date inventory of all demining assets.
- Support in logistics-related tasks focuses on demining activities but it will be asked to support other program departments as required by the manager.
- Oversee identification, set-up, and day-to-day running of office
- Oversee administrative duties including stocking of office supplies, scheduling, translation (written and in person) and other administrative tasks.
- Support with travel documents for sub-base staff (order requests, travel reports)
- Support in tracking staff contracts, allowance entitlements and other HR related documents
- Assistance with administrative tasks in accordance with DRC’s internal regulations and procedures
- Support with administrative tasks related to visits of internal and external stakeholders to the base and/or demining sites.
- Support with identification and contracting of suitable space for dedicated HDP trainings, as required.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in logistics, fleet management, admin and/or HR.
- Intermediate English (speaking/reading/writing) is mandatory.
- Fluency in Ukrainian language
University degree in relevant area or equivalent professional qualification
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian language.
- Intermediate English (speaking/reading/writing) is required.
- Contract length: 12 months with the possibility of renewal depending on the effectiveness and funding of the program. Preliminary 3-month trial
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Closing date for applications: 24.12.2023
- Type of contract: full-time, work in Ichnia Office.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our websitedrc.ngo.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.