UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER
3 Dec 2023
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER
- Research Field
- Biological sciences
- Researcher Profile
- Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- United States
- Application Deadline
- 1 Jan 2024 – 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Teaching Assistant Professor/Instructor
Requisition Number: 53261
Location: Boulder Colorado
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
The Continuing Education department at the University of Colorado, Boulder is pleased to invite applications for a full-time instructor position in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EBIO) with a start date of Fall 2024. This position will require experience teaching in an online, asynchronous format. EBIO’s online courses are offered through Continuing Education and are available to all CU students, including post-baccalaureate students and those who are completing their degree remotely. We seek an individual who sees teaching as a passion and will create effective learning environments in a variety of formats. The successful candidate will inspire students by creating a compassionate, inclusive learning environment. We expect candidates to have demonstrated experience in innovative, evidence-based, and student-centered teaching practices. At the same time, candidates should have sufficient research experience to be able to support students seeking in-depth scholarly experiences and to train students for careers in research and professional fields. Candidates will actively contribute to, and provide, leadership in social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts in the department. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We seek a person who will form a bridge between the Division of Continuing Education (with its online curriculum and particularly diverse student body) and the EBIO department. The successful candidate will be a member of the EBIO department that strives to offer a collaborative, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment for all of our faculty. We aim to enhance student learning and create a compassionate, inclusive environment. We aspire to support CU-Boulder’s common curriculum by enabling students to support a sustainable future through habits of mind (including discovery, reflection, and engagement) and through acquisition of skills (including critical thinking, information literacy, and communication). Specifically, teaching in EBIO aims to provide practice in using the principles of ecology and evolution to develop an understanding of biological processes across multiple scales as well as how biology connects to other disciplines and big questions. We also provide opportunity for engagement in observation-, discovery-, and hypothesis-driven studies of biology, collaboration across diverse knowledge and perspectives, evaluation of scientific claims, and effective communication of scientific ideas.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The successful applicant will:
- Be rostered in Continuing Education with an assignment of 80% Teaching and 20% Service (all service in the EBIO department).
- Teach five courses per academic year through Continuing Education in an asynchronous online format plus one (synchronous) in-person lecture course directly for EBIO per academic year (topic TBD). Continuing Education courses are small classes with a maximum of 35 students each. Possible courses to be taught through Continuing Education may include the EBIO courses General Biology 1 and 2, Evolution, Ecosystem Ecology, Biostats, and/or others. There will also be an opportunity to develop a new upper division course based on the candidate’s specialty!
- Contribute actively to continuous improvement of course content, delivery, and related support.
- Actively foster social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in the department.
What You Should Know
The contract will be renewable on a three-year basis.
What We Can Offer
The hiring range for this position will be $62,000 – $68,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be ambitious. Be brilliant. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- PhD (awarded no later than May 2024) in a relevant field of biology that allows the individual to support the EBIO curriculum.
What You Will Need
- Experience teaching in an online, asynchronous format.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with various on-campus constituencies.
- Demonstrated research expertise in EBIO as a field.
- Experience successfully managing and training others, especially college-age students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and commitment to, diversity and inclusion in undergraduate education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for three references. We will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by December 15, 2023. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Teaching-Assistant-Professor-Instructor/53261
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER
- United States
Where to apply
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.