||At Montana State University, we rely on our IT (Information Technology) systems to power the solutions that help drive success for our students, faculty, staff, and the community across the state of Montana. We are seeking an experienced Technical Training Specialist to join us on this journey, using their customer service and technology skills to make Montana State more effective and efficient. In this role, the training specialist will support the use of IT systems and assets, assist with fixes, and provide consultation, training, and support as needed. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of multiple aspects of information technology support, including an understanding and experience with Customer Service Management, IT Service Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management and Process Improvement. Engaging with students, faculty and staff throughout the University, the IT support person will immediately impact the efficiency of our operations and overall growth.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic problem solving, assistance and user instruction on various software applications and hardware systems.
- In conjunction with the UIT Service Desk, provide in-person ad-hoc training to individuals and groups, with an emphasis on issues identified during in-person and remote support interactions.
- Lead by example, creating a culture of success, collaboration and empowerment while providing world class customer service, handling escalated issues from customers, assisting and supporting Embedded IT teams and customers, helping senior managers to identify and address successes, opportunities, failures, risk and challenges, forming contingency plans as applicable, all while working effectively with all teams implementing strategies to increase value, productivity and overall client experience.
- Quantifying performance and effectiveness of communication, training and knowledge management, and conducting quality control to reduce errors to improve procedures while analyzing existing operations.
- Plan, design, implement and maintain delivery of communications, documentation and trainings, including instructor led training, E-Learning, in-person and blended learning solutions, while researching, interpreting organizing, writing, editing and maintaining technical documentation, working with colleagues, vendors, developers, and testers to understand the business, technical requirements, and technical deliverables, conducting needs analysis, gap analysis, and audience analysis to identify knowledge gaps,
- In Coordination with the Senior User Services Manager of User Services Group, Provide mentorship, development, training and guidance for all new and existing team members, in addition to training student employees and updating and adjusting work schedules as need.
- Assist team leadership on developing tactical and strategic plans, managing projects, open job searches, research and development of initiatives, and in the implementation of new technologies, establishing, recommending and implementing policies to ensure quality, timely and efficient design of services, writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends, developments and maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems. Assists with the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and/or other related equipment and devices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ensure that UIT team members and MSU customers abide by University security policies and the guidance of the Enterprise Security Group, while communicating and encouraging security best practices throughout campus.
|Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
Demonstrated IT Service Management experience designing, building, delivering, operating, updating and controlling IT (Information Technology) services offered to customers using industry best practices.
Proven experience of Knowledge Management best practices, creating, sharing, using and managing the knowledge and information of an organization including website use and outward communications.
Demonstrated IT Training experience, curriculum development and delivery for both in-person and remote users
Proven experience supporting IT (Information Technology) security management, protecting an organization’s data, users and assets against potential threats utilizing IT Security best practices
Proven Experience identifying, analyzing and improving existing business processes to optimize team performance and customer satisfaction.
Demonstrated experience ensuring that projects are successfully delivered utilizing project management best practices
Experience developing content in support of (W3C)’s Web Accessibility Initiative
Experience with a help desk ticketing system.
|Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
Technical Writing experience.
High proficiency in use of all aspects of the Microsoft 365 environment.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business related field.
HDI (Help Desk Institute) KCS (Knowledge Centered Support) or equivalent certifications.
Knowledge of SolarWinds Web Help Desk.
Working knowledge of HTML, PHP, ASP, JS, DOM, CSS; image management, creation and manipulation; file management and organization; and graphics programs experience.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices.
IT Service Desk support.
|The Successful Candidate Will
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively and cooperate with all university IT staff in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate IT practices verbally and in written form to a wide range of constituents
- Think intuitively and analytically to break down and resolve problems.
- Represent the department and university to others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Research and translate technical information into in-person and remote training and web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Have a track record of creating effective, clear and concise documentation and communications.
- Be self-directed in technical and organizational learning.
- Be able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable to individuals with a varied array of technical experience and understanding, while writing for multiple audiences.
- Meet deadlines and project goals and be able to prioritize responsibilities and work independently.
- Have the ability to organize disparate information from multiple sources into coherent content.
- Have proven success in engaging partners and leading projects to completion;
- Must possess initiative, good organizational skills, attention to detail, sound business judgment, and excellent written/verbal skills.
- Be able to receive direction and produce results in a timely manner with minimum oversight and prioritize to meet deadlines while producing high-quality results.
- Be curious about new & emerging technologies, with a desire to implement for the betterment of campus and stakeholder experiences.
|Position Special Requirements/Additional Information
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive state of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- May use a monitor, keyboard, and mouse for long periods of time.
- May be asked to move and transport routine office materials and computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, on a regular basis.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, carry and move about the campus.
- Work requires (with or without reasonable accommodation): vision and dexterity sufficient to operate computer and office equipment.
- Vision sufficient to read rules, regulations, policies, procedures, correspondence, and other related documents.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversations in person and over the telephone; speech sufficient to make oneself heard in person, over the telephone, in meetings and training sessions, and speak in front of groups.
- Mobility sufficient to move in an office environment, throughout campus locations, climbing stairs, working in tight spaces, under desks, etc.
- May requires work in an open office with walk-in customer traffic, phone calls and frequent interruptions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
|This position has supervisory duties?