The Channer Group Inc.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We are proud to have a team of diverse and inclusive professionals who are experts in their field. The team at Channer Consulting & Training, a subsidiary of The Channer Group Inc. ,are advocates for the creation of inclusive opportunities that are truly representative of the communities where we work and live. Our passion for empowering our clients and their communities drives our ability to see each program as a unique opportunity to deliver in meaningful ways that produce lasting and sustainable outcomes.
Our team is comprised of individuals who thrive in a high-performance culture that is rooted in integrity. We intentionally hire the best because that is what we believe our clients deserve.
We are looking for people who want to be part of our success and growth, are not afraid of a challenge and have a heart for serving the community.
This role is an opportunity to work alongside our small but mighty team of extremely talented, fun, passionate and high character people who are fired up about what we do. We invest in our people to help them grow and achieve their goals both professionally and personally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Channer Consulting & Training is looking for an experienced and passionate Training Program Facilitator to instructor and/or teach our diverse groups of clients and learners in and around the Calgary, AB area. The courses in this program are fully developed, and curriculum will be provided to the successful candidate(s) for delivery. The duration of our training programs are anywhere between 4 – 16 weeks and individual courses in the program may vary in duration. One or more facilitators will be chosen based on expertise and experience. Priority will be given to candidates who can teach multiple courses.
This program is targeted toward a diverse demographic, predominately of equity-deserving groups and facilitators can expect up to 15 students per cohort. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience teaching multidisciplinary courses to this demographic, however, candidates will also be considered based on practical experience in the specific subject areas we focus on.
Facilitators should be prepared to teach in person. We are looking for enthusiastic, engaging, and enigmatic individuals to effectively convey the content and provide real-world expertise to ensure the learners have a holistic understanding of the role they are training for.
- The instructor will be available to teach during weekdays (weekday daytime availability is a MUST), and some evenings and weekends starting in May 2023
- Review and prepare to teach existing course content and materials developed or acquired by Channer Consulting & Training
- Deliver course instruction in face-to-face and/ or online settings based on client needs.
- Facilitate learning in alignment with Channer Consulting & Training’s equity, diversity, and inclusion values.
- Evaluate learners’ learning outcomes and experience in the program with assessments that will be provided.
- Track student progress and communicate it to Channer Consulting & Training as detailed upon hiring, if needed.
- Use applicable technology, such as Microsoft, Google and Zoom suite of products , as needed.
- Communicate with Channer Consulting & Training and/or learners, as required.
- Be willing and able to travel to rural and urban client sites to instruct programming on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated experience teaching or coaching youth and adult learners
- Knowledge and expertise related to the subjects listed on the posting.
- Experience teaching both in-person and online
- Demonstrated understanding of and respect for diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of learners
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Dedication to learner success and providing engaging instruction
- Demonstrated ability to share and exchange knowledge in motivating and engaging ways
- Engage in inclusive teaching practices
- Bring real-world examples to the classroom to covey relevance to the learner’s
- Must have reliable transportation and flexibility to travel throughout the province, and sometimes neighboring provinces (kms reimbursed).
- May be required to work some weekends and evenings
- Must participate in Cultural Awareness and/or DE&I Training
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector check required
- An Employment Counsellor, Coach and/or Facilitator Certification are an asset
- Experience working with government funded programs is an asset
- Experience in grassroots community engagement and business development
- is an asset
- Experience teaching Indigenous, new Canadians and learners from other equity-deserving groups
This is an opportunity for an individual to work with Channer Consulting & Training as an external contractor. This is not a full-time position. Pay will be reflective upon your education and experience.Travel expenses will be provided in addition to hourly rate of pay. When applying, please provide the following:
- Resume and cover letter
- Requested hourly instructor rate
A diverse team is our greatest asset, so we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply for this role.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will have flexible work options as agreed upon with Channer Consulting & Training.
CLOSING DATE: May 3, 2023
Resume including the cover letter should be no more than 3 pages.
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $35.00-$55.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-05-03
Expected start date: 2023-05-31
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.