California Baptist University
|Position Title||U.S. History and Latin American History (Online / Remote)|
|Position Summary||California Baptist University, an evangelical Christian university, is looking for applicants for: Adjunct Faculty (Online/Remote) to teach U.S. History of Minorities in America (HIS 311) or Latin American History (HIS 315) in the Department of History and government|
|Qualifications||Successful candidates should possess a terminal degree in Latin American History or U.S. History (knowledge of the history of minorities in America is preferred). Candidates with a master’s degree who are in a terminal degree program with significant teaching experience may be considered. In addition, prior online teaching experience is strongly preferred.
* Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Latin American History or U.S. History with an emphasis on minorities in the U.S. context
* Prior teaching experience (preferably online)
* Experience with Blackboard Learning Management System
|Teaching Responsibilities||Strong candidates will embrace and embody “active teaching” methods, including, but not limited to, the following CBU online education requirements for instructors:
* Creating weekly video or audio lectures embedded in each weekly module (CBU supports and equips faculty with access to Kaltura video content manager).
* Creating at least 1x weekly agenda videos and descriptive written announcements to engage with and orient students to each week’s agenda and/or assignments.
* Constructive, personalized written comments/feedback on all graded assignments to identify strengths and areas for student improvement.
* Adherence to the university’s “Regular Effective Contact” policy
* Response to student inquiries within 24 hours.
* Minor assignments are to be graded within 3 days of the due date, and major assignments are to be graded within 7 days of the due date.
This position is for online/remote adjunct teaching opportunities and does not require a local (Southern California) presence.
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
|Quick Link to Posting||https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/7636|
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.