Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Communications, Press and Media
The British Embassy Dubai has a vacancy for a Digital Content Officer under Arabic Media Hub, to cover a staff maternity leave for (6) six months.
The Digital Content Officer will develop and produce high quality, engaging digital content, particularly video and graphic material, for a range of social media platforms in support of regional and local communication campaigns in the Middle East and North Africa region.
The jobholder will work directly with local communications teams to develop local content production skills and provide admin support to the wider team as required.
This is an exciting role where creativity, proven digital content creation skills and political awareness can be combined to deliver engaging content reaching significant audiences on all FCO digital channels.
Duties and responsibilities:
Content production and management
- Design and produce high-quality original digital content including video, graphics, photography, and other short form content for use on social media platforms in Arabic and English.
- Prepare graphic design packages in advance of campaigns and share with Posts in the network.
- Manage Spokesperson Instagram and YouTube accounts, drawing content from other Spokesperson platforms in consultation with the Social Media Manager.
- Provide cover for the Social Media Manager on other platforms (e.g. Twitter) as required, including production and publishing of content in line with agreed priorities.
- Store visual products and open source resources for future design projects.
- Support posts to produce digital content in line with HMG strategic priorities.
Training and capability
- Monitor quality of graphic content produced by Posts and offer guidance when necessary to maintain consistent and high quality content across the region.
- Lead on ensuring UK Government branding guidelines are followed, advising on use of logos, colours, and the consistency of production
- Maintain an operational Hub studio for media interviews and clips.
- Undertake other admin-related tasks including budget management, IT and equipment procurement/maintenance, and support for inducting new staff.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key behaviours required:
- Delivering at Pace – Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Working Together – Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Developing Self and Others – Focus on continuous learning and development for self, others and the organisation as a whole.
- Managing a Quality Service – Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Minimum three (3) years experience producing high quality visual content for impactful communications campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic, both verbal and written. High-quality communications and drafting skills. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely. Able to type effectively and accurately in Arabic and English.
- Strong video production and graphic design skills and an expert in Adobe Suite
- Experience taking briefs and ability to establish a clear and nuanced understanding of client needs whilst at the same time able to shape and guide those with lesser experience on the best way to develop digital content
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of how Instagram works, its algorithm, engagement tools and relevant editing apps.
- Knowledge of the social media landscape in MENA and how different social media channels are being used across the region
- An effective communicator with strong customer service skills and driven and able to deliver against challenging timelines
- Experience of dealing with and managing corporate brands
- A creative individual who is able to develop and apply innovative ideas to international policy communications whilst maintaining the voice and integrity of a government organisation
- Knowledge of social media evaluation tools beyond native Twitter and Facebook analytics. Experience using Brandwatch or Newswhip would be valued
- Experience delivering training and/or designing training to be delivered by others.
- Experience running themed campaigns on Instagram.
Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together, Developing Self and Others
22 May 2023
Administrative Officer (AO)
Fixed Term, Full-time
Middle East & North Africa
United Arab Emirates
1 August 2023
Working hours and remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, which includes 25 days of leave per annum (calculated pro-rata)
Salary is at AED 11,736 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The Embassy is open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 35 hours per week and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time. The successful candidate may need to occasionally work outside of normal Embassy hours.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy’s sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must include to their online application form.
- an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
- Examples in the relevant sections of the online application form of how you meet the key behaviours and skills required.
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 UAE local time on 22nd May 2023
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around 2-3 months. The security clearance process includes checks available in country and in the UK, dependant on the security level required for the role and the candidates profile and UK footprint. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
Due to the large number of applications, we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The British Embassy Dubai an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
To apply please copy and paste this link: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/1/adv/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application/indicate in your cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.