International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req46816
Job Title: Womens Resilience Center Intern
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Part-Time
Compensation: USD 0.00 – 0.00 Hourly
Location: San Diego, CA USA
he International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities.
The Women’s Resilience Center (WRC) is a safe, collaborative space where the diverse needs of all women+ are respected and where they can seek, share, and obtain information about their rights and their inherent potential for safety, health, education, economic wellbeing, and power. It is a responsive, creative space that engages women+ as co-creators and encourages expression, enhanced wellbeing, and community connectedness. (When we use the term women+, this includes women of all ages, all abilities, diverse ethnic and religious affiliation and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities.)
SCOPE OF WOMENS RESILIENCE CENTER INTERN WORK: In this internship, students will have the opportunity to contribute to the WRC through community engagement and outreach as well as by supporting the facilitation of programming.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on intern skills and experience, responsibilities may include a combination of program support, administrative/data support, and direct service:
- Support with outreach to women+ in the IRC community about WRC programs
- Co-facilitate orientations to new WRC members
- Co-facilitate wellness workshops and presentations
- Support our ‘Safe Spaces’ work to make the WRC a more inclusive place for women+
- Collaborate with interns, staff, other departments at IRC, and community partners
- Facilitate internal referrals to other IRC programs
- Provide WRC members information about community resources
- Contribute to data monitoring and evaluation of WRC programs
- Intern will have the opportunity to enhance their facilitation skills
- Intern will expand their experience providing healing centered and culturally humble services
- Intern will participate in weekly Safety & Wellness intern group supervision to enhance collaborative learning
- Must be currently enrolled (or a recent graduate) in an Associates, Bachelors or Masters program focused on Womens/Gender Studies, Public Health, Social Work, Art Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy or a related field.
- Must have drivers license and reliable transportation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Proactive, motivated, and flexible; able to remain calm and adapt within a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Demonstrated success working and communicating with people of varied English-speaking abilities strongly preferred
- Experience with direct service strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Farsi, Dari, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Pashto or Russian preferred
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.