International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Requisition ID: req36945
Job Title: WPE Manager
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Maungdaw, Myanmar
SCOPE OF WORK:
The WPE Manager will be based in Maungdaw township. The position will be responsible for day-to-day management and oversight of WPE programming including direct supervision, support, mentoring, and monitoring of program staff and program activities in Maungdaw and Buthidaung townships. This will include emergency response, integration of sexual and reproductive health and rights, male engagement, and adolescent girl programming. The position is responsible for technical quality in program implementation particularly overseeing GBV case management, SRH integration, and MHPSS and life-skills safe space programming for women and girls. The manager will oversee GBV prevention and behaviour change curriculums in Maungdaw and Buthidaung sites as well as GBV rapid assessments, risk mitigation and awareness raising in all project sites. They will also support monitoring and evaluation including data collection and quality. He/she support the WPE senior manager for Rakhine in developing and contributing to the WPE program and strategies. The position requires a personal commitment to advancing women’s rights and working on behalf of women and girls in the community.
The WPE Manager oversees and supervises the Maungdaw/Buthidaung WPE Response and Prevention Officers and Program Assistant and indirectly manage a team of 10 community focal points (prevention/outreach team), the WGWC-based teams consisting of the case workers and attendants. The WPE Manager will work closely with the WPE Senior Manager in Sittwe and the WPE Managers for Rathedaung and Minbya and WPE M&E Manager on technical oversight and to collaborate and coordinate on lessons learned and best practices. The WPE Manager will report to the Senior WPE Manager for all technical and operational issues, the Senior WPE Manager maintaining technical oversight for all WPE activities. The WPE Manager will jointly provide the Senior WPE Manager monthly implementation updates. The WPE Manager provides inputs in the quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports to the donor and managing the budget for Buthidaung and Maungdaw programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure response work with survivors, including case management and psychosocial interventions, adheres to best-practice principles when working with survivors of GBV
- Ensure prevention activities, including outreach and awareness as well as multi-month curriculums are implemented according to best practices and technical guidelines
- Assess and analyze GBV situation in Maungdaw and Buthidaung to develop a holistic program based on understanding of GBV issues
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy of GBV data
- Work with the program staff to ensure that field experiences are documented and used for learning and to advocate on behalf of the communities with which we work
- Provide technical capacity building and training to IRC WPE and non-WPE staff as well as key actors in Rakhine
- Support exploration and development program expansion options
- Lead the roll-out of new interventions and building up the new programs in Buthidaung and Maungdaw following global technical guidelines
Staff Supervision & Development
- Lead in recruiting new staff and building new teams in Maungdaw and Buthidaung in coordination with human resources and the Senior WPE Manager
- Directly supervise Response and Prevention Officers and the Program assistant and indirectly manage a team of 10 community focal points (prevention/outreach team), the WGWC-based teams consisting of the case workers and attendants
- With support of Senior WPE Manager, build capacity and skills around program management, grants, management, spending plans, work plans, coordination and staff supervision
- Identify training needs for WPE staff, and support organization and facilitation of training to meet those needs, in collaboration with the Senior WPE Manager
- Provide guidance and technical support to teams through regular field monitoring visits
- Provide training and capacity building to other IRC departments in conjunction with department managers
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed work plan(s) and spending plans that support and achieve program activities with support as needed by the GAC Project Manager and Senior WPE Manager
- Provide accurate and regular narrative and financial reports, as well as document results and maintain detailed records of program activities for timely submission, as required by IRC and donor policies
- Conduct and draft needs assessment reports and other internal reports as required by Senior WPE Manager and WPE Coordinator or as appropriate under the circumstances.
- Support drafting of program quarterly/annual donor report as required
- Support drafting of drafting of program briefing materials, and respond to requests for program information from IRC Regional Management, IRC HQ, donors, Myanmar Government and others;
- Contribute to develop of concept notes, proposals and strategic plans related to the WPE sector in Rakhine
Coordination and Representation
- Coordinate with IRC Health teams and the other WPE Managers in program planning and implementation
- Support Senior WPE Manager to communicate and coordinate with UN and NGO partners, ministry departments, local authorities, and beneficiaries in planning and response to emergencies
- Liaise regularly and work closely with program, operations and finance staff in the field office and Yangon to coordinate program planning
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other implementing partners
- As requested, regularly attend GBV coordination meetings in the field as well as other cluster meetings as appropriate
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC Operational policies
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor particularly with regards to Protection-focused activities
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science, Public Health, Humanities or other related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in NGOs in implementing community-based GBV response and prevention activities and managing teams
- Strong desire to work with women and girls and effectively address the issues they face in Rakhine State
- Previous work with or within a women’s organization or international NGO, preferred
- Experience facilitating trainings, workshops, or mentoring others
- Strong ability to organize work, coordinate multiple tasks, meet deadlines, work in a professional environment, work under pressure, and work within a multi-cultural team
- Basic written and spoken English and report writing skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles of humanity and neutrality
- Clear understanding of gender equality, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls
- Strong coordination and partnership skills; knowledge and best practice around partnership principles
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting as well as work with implementing partners
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients
- Knowledge and experience with GBV case workers and community outreach and mobilization including emergency response; particularly work experience with Rohingya communities
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops and mentoring others.
- Experience living and working in a high pressure and provide positive track record of adapting to sensitive contexts (such as attention to language, ethnic tensions, etc).
- Be able to work independently and taking initiative while also working as a team member
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
- Experience supervising a multi-ethnic staff in a complex, insecure emergency setting.
- The WPE Manager position is based in Northern Rakhine State, with frequent travel required to project sites in Northern Rakhine; candidates with strong knowledge of local context encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English, Burmese/Rakhine
- Preferable understanding of Rohingya language.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.