International Union for Conservation of Nature
The Programme Associate will support the work of the Species Conservation Action Team (SCA), within IUCN Centre for Conservation Action.
The Species Conservation Action Team delivers science-based conservation action on the ground that saves animals, plants, and fungi from extinction through its two main initiatives: Save Our Species (SOS) and the Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme (ITHCP). We focus our efforts where they will have the biggest impact by funding frontline conservation organisations across the world who have unique knowledge of their region and the local biodiversity.
The contribution from this position will be essential in providing programme management and administrative support to several grant-making projects, including the Tiger Programme (Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme).
- Support the ITHCP and other grant-making initiatives with the development and maintenance of project tracking systems, and with the provision of regular follow-ups and updates in relations to status of projects, contracts, reporting deadlines, financial and procurement procedures, audits etc.
- Monitor projects and sub-projects budgets to keep track of resource utilisation rates in collaboration with the Global Programme Operations Unit (GPOU).
- Liaise with GPOU to ensure timely and efficient processing of routine payments, grant agreements and consultant contracts, expense claims, audits and financial reports;
- Support procurement of goods and services for the team ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures (including preparation of Requests for Proposals, procurement records and evaluation reports, contracts and payments).
- Enter information and ensure the maintenance of up-to-date data in the appropriate systems and project databases; liaise with grantees as and when necessary; run analytic extracts as requested.
- Support all phases of the different calls for proposals launched under different grant-making initiatives (including preparation of documents and templates, support during applications’ process, filing of applications, review of applications, complete applicants risk assessments, ensure efficient and timely sign-off of grant agreements).
- Liaise with external reviewers and technical advisors during the review process of applications.
- Prepare and process contracts, grant agreements, internal agreements and amendments, including preparation of all relevant documents, verifying compliance with IUCN policies and donor requirements, securing timely and efficient sign-off and contract clearance by all levels of management required.
- Support the development and management of internal agreements (IAs), including the drafting of agreements. Work with regional colleagues to ensure a consistent and streamlined approach to the administration and management of internal agreements.
- Support the digital and physical filing of project files, project reports, financial and contractual documentation etc.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and financial reports to donors.
- Assist in the development of communication materials and dissemination of project achievements.
- Contribute to the development of IUCN Grants Portal, support the management of call for proposals and grants in the portal, and provide technical support to users.
- Support the organization of meetings, workshops, webinars, trainings and other capacity building activities.
- Support organization of monitoring missions and other travel required by the team, including facilitating all logistical arrangements, processing travel requests and expenses claims.
- Provide other administrative services and take meeting minutes when required.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in business administration or commercial/secretarial diploma;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a position relevant to this vacancy. Previous experience in the field of biodiversity conservation or related field is an asset.
- Experience in grant-making or project management, including planning, implementation, financial follow-up, reporting, and monitoring.
- Excellent written and spoken English required; knowledge of Spanish and French is an asset.
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Team-oriented attitude, and ability to work independently, demonstrating application of initiative in problem solving, prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines and trouble-shooting.
- Ability to work in a multilingual, multicultural and multidisciplinary setting;
- Capacity to work effectively under time pressure and extended hours;
- Adhere to IUCN’s core values of transparency, inclusiveness, professionalism and accountability.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Scrum Master (Sales & Services) H/FCeladValbonne, Alpes-MaritimesValbonne, Alpes-Maritimes
IC-RESULT BASED MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT FOR SDG LOCALIZATION PROJECTUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
EMPLOYÉ COMMERCIAL ASSISTANT MANAGER RAYON EPICERIE – H/FE.LeclercValréas, VaucluseValréas, Vaucluse
Scrum Master confirmé (IT) / FreelanceLawrence HarveyParisParis